ECWCS Gen 1 Parka ~ Extended Cold Weather Clothing System - CLOSEOUT
The Army ECWCS All-Weather Parka is made with military specification nylon waterproof, breathable PTFE laminated fabric, similar to Gore-Tex® brand fabric, that keeps you more protected in rain, wind, snow and cold wet conditions. Use in combination with other clothing layers to keep you warm and dry in extreme sub-zero conditions. Worn by the military, public safety officers, hunters, and sportsmen.
- Hung inner liner of taffeta plain weave nylon with Quarpel treatment to help prevent wicking.
- Liner is slotted in the back inside panel to allow for internal repairs
- YKK #5 polyester coil armpit ventilation one-way zippers
- Internal snow blocking skirt with snap closures
- Double fabric reinforced elbows
- Double storm-flap protected non-freezing two-way YKK #8 Visilon zipper with snap-down outer flap
- Cobra peripheral vision oversized hood and visor with drawstring
- Large Velcro closing double-breast pockets for access without unzipping the parka
- Sleeve pocket with pen slot, Velcro flap
- Front snap tab for rank insignia
- Waist elastic drawstring
- Velcro cuff adjusters
- Oversize cut
- Sealed seams
- Made in USA and/or assembled in Mexico with US components
Colors: Woodland Camo
Waterproof, breathable three-layer laminated fabric complying with Military Specification MIL-C-44187C.
Outer Shell: Taslite nylon fabric plain weave 2.8 oz./sq. yd. with Quarpel treatment to resist water and stains.
Middle Layer: Mil-Spec Micropourous PTFE polytetrafluoroethylene waterproof, breatheable film laminated to the shell fabric.
Membrane Protective Layer: Nylon tricot knit 1.5 oz./sq. yd. cloth protects the PTFE from abrasion damage.
The ECWCS Parka and trouser is not insulated to allow use in temperate to warmer climatic conditions. For use in cold and extreme cold, you must use garment layering principles to wick moisture and insulate the body to retain warmth.